Thursday, April 22, 2010

Does Facebook user pray for Obama's death?

On Facebook there have been several postings "praying for" the death of disliked leaders around the world. The one posted about President Obama said,
"Dear Lord, this year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayzie (sic). You took my
favorite actress, Farah (sic) Fawcett. You took my favorite singer, Michael
Jackson. I just wanted to let you know, my favorite president is Barack Obama.
Amen."
There was also similar posts about New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. While some people feel that these postings are disrespectful, Facebook says it is not against any of their policies.


These posts are probably not liked by many government officials however, I think that these people are expressing their freedom of speech. As long as they are not threatening anyone, then I think they are alright. If the people of the country don't agree with their president I think they have the right to say so. Also, I think that these posts were meant to be more of a joke than anything. And I have to agree that they are pretty comical.


To read the full article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment